108 Auto Sputter Coater
ideal for routine sample preparation for scanning electron microscopy
The 108 Auto Sputter Coater is ideally suited for high quality coating of non-conducting samples for standard SEM imaging. The added functionality of the automatic features enable fine grain coating on a range of samples with a choice of target materials. The automatic purge and leak functions together with the optional MTM-20 High Resolution Thickness Controller offer consistent thickness for optimized conductive coating results. Cool, fine-grain sputtering is achieved with a very efficient low voltage DC magnetron head. The quick change target method allows a range of metals to be used.
- The 108 Auto Sputter Coater offers the choice of fully automated or manual operation. The specifications also include automatic vent (with a choice of vent gas) and argon purge control.
- In automatic mode, the coater can be controlled in two ways. The digital timer can be used to give repeatable coatings or the MTM-20 High Resolution Thickness Controller (optional) can be used to terminate the sputtering process at the desired thickness. Alternatively, the MTM-10 High Resolution Thickness Monitor (optional) may also be used for manual termination.
- The digital sputter current control is fully independent of the argon gas pressure in the sputtering chamber to achieve consistent sputtering rates and optimum specimen coverage.
- The efficient DC magnetron operates on a low voltage for “ultra-cool” sputtering to avoid effects on sample surface.
- Separate electronic valves for leak, purge and vent, coupled with a precise needle valve, ensures quick and easy operation.
- Quick target change allows for a range of materials used: Au, Au/Pd, Pt, Pt/Pd (Au fitted as standard).
- The 108 Auto Sputter Coater can be factory fitted or retrofitted at any time with our Prod. No. 93007, MTM-20 High Resolution Thickness Controller (optional).
|7002||108 Auto Sputter Coater, 115VAC*||each|
|7006||108 Auto Sputter Coater, 220VAC*||each|
*The 108 Auto Sputter Coater includes: 91110 Gold Target, (57mm dia. x 0.1mm); 7021 Specimen Mount Stage for 12 pin mounts; Operating Instructions